Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Video diary, day twenty three.



Hello, lovely people! Today I am showing off my Series Binder in all its derpy glory. It's filled with everything I could find on The Decoder and the sequential books. I put it together before I moved into the dorms, and it has grown spectacularly as the semester has gone on, particularly as I've written more on the second book. It's coming together quite nicely, by the way. Rick Riordan doesn't know it, but he's the best teacher I've ever had. ... There's a reason I'm a Ravenclaw, okay. I'm a total dork when it comes to books. I'm not so sure I could be a daughter of Athena, but I like to believe she hasn't claimed me for my own protection.

Also, I'm listening to the Lion King soundtrack, so I'm pretty pumped up for whatever's going down tonight.

The second book has been surprisingly easy to write. Maybe it's because I know exactly where I'm going with it, or because I know the characters so much better than I did when I first started out -- I'm really not sure.  I look forward to writing more about it every single day. I suppose that's a very good thing. I'm even more in love with book two than book one. Agh, I'm so weird.

Over the course of the past year, I've become remarkably more organized when it comes to characters, plot outlines and details. It's like I'm suddenly taking my writing seriously, and I've never taken anything too seriously before. It's kind of a great feeling, to have something I know I can do, and will always make me happy. It's just really nice.

Look at this Delta Gamma stuff. Look at it and absorb the beauty.


We dressed up as nerds for a football game and it was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment