Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Video diary, day twenty nine.



Ugh, what an insane day. I woke up early to register for classes only to find out there was a hold on my account. Which meant that I couldn't register, see my grades or do anything that I woke up specifically to do. This led to a very angry slew of texts sent to my mother about how my tuition had to be paid or I was going to get stuck with Calculus and lose my scholarship. Luckily everything is taken care of now, and I'm going to ace Weather and Climate next semester.

This video was so all over the place. It started out okay then turned into a ten minute long ramble about how much I love Percy Jackson and Rick Riordan being my hero and everything. So then I tried again and I ended talking about how I don't understand or like politics for about seven minutes straight. Luckily, I got five or so minutes of relevant material out of it, so I don't have to start again.

I'd like to elaborate on the marriage thing:
Because the world is so small now, one of the duties of the citizens is to help rebuild. They can do this by assisting the scientific progress, providing for those who do the mind work, or by repopulating. Most everyone gets married, so that those in Maelhaven will be able to carry out that duty should they ever retire and move to a Sector. Plus, no one really wants to be alone.
In a previous video, I've mentioned that families don't really live in Maelhaven. It's up to those who live in the Sectors to help with the reproduction part of rebuilding the world. There is a lot more I could say on that, but I'm going to keep quiet. It will be explained as needed.

As for the scientific experiments thing, I could write another whole book on the morals of using human lab rats, but I'll spare you my opinions. It's something I like to think about a lot (I'm a weirdo), and it'll definitely be a recurring theme in the books. Start up the lightening, we're building a Monster.

Yes, book two is coming along quite swimmingly. It's my favorite book in the series. Even chapters three and four are beginning to take form.

If everyone could do the world a huge favor and sign this petition to stop a bill that would censor American internet, it would just be amazing.
http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-internet-control-bill-now

I am the queen of Christmas cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment