Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tammie's Playlist

I said I was obsessed. I don't think you understand that I wasn't joking.

This is a playlist for Tammie. It's still a work in progress, and I'm constantly adding to it. It doesn't completely apply to Book One Tammie, but almost all of the songs on this list do, because that's the Tammie I'm most familiar with at the moment. That sounds really weird. Anyway.

1. Renegade - Paramore
I'm a renegade,
I always was.
I'm a renegade, 
it's in my blood.


2. Hammers and Strings (A Lullaby) - Jack's Mannequin
Give me something to believe in
a breath from the breathing.
So write it down,
I don't think I'll close my eyes
(...) It's just that at night,
I've got nowhere to hide.


3. Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
We never blink, see
And you can see me
We fell asleep in the middle of the fury


4. Monster - Paramore
I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me 
But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching.
Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims
And they're getting stronger
I hear them calling.



5. Machine - Regina Spektor
And I'm downloaded daily
I am part of a composite
Hooked into machine



6. The Cave - Mumford & Sons
But I will hold on hope
and I won't let you choke
On the noose that's around your neck.
And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again


7. Guts - All Time Low
Bold enough to fall flat on my face
But I walk as they crawl
Slowing down is such a waste
(...) To be my own solution


8. This Love - Ellie Goulding
Oh, I don't like the way I never listen to myself.
I feel like I'm on fire and I'm too shy to cry for help.


9. Reverie - The Morning Of
Another day and I can't face your blue eyes
We're falling apart
And I'm scared to death
You were much worse for the wear and I...
am taking the blame for this.


10. Hero - Regina Spektor
I'm the hero of this story
Don't need to be saved
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
No one's got it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment