Sunday, November 13, 2011

Non-video diary, day twenty seven.


What I've done with the books today is top super secret because of reasons, so for my "diary" today, I'm posting a play list and random excerpt. You'll get a healthy dose my face and voice tomorrow. 

Oh, and today we got initiated! SCREAM WITH ME! AHHHH! If you're about to head off to college this next year, you should definitely consider going Greek. I didn't think it was for me, but it is, without a doubt, one of the best decisions I could have possibly made.

The Decoder playlist
  1. Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
  2. White Houses - Vanessa Carlton
  3. Sleeping Sickness - City and Colour
  4. Get It Right - Lydia
  5. Perfect Disguise - Modest Mouse
  6. Fighting for Nothing - Meg & Dia
  7. Thistle and Weeds - Mumford & Sons
  8. Guns and Horses - Ellie Goulding
  9. More Than This - Vanessa Carlton
  10. Separate - Meg & Dia
  11. No Light, No Light - Florence + the Machine
  12. First Breath After Coma - Explosions in the Sky

(For anyone who is curios, Meg & Dia has been my favorite band since I was thirteen. And I cannot wait to see what incredible stuff Dia does -- I was so excited to see her on The Voice -- and anything Meg sets out to do it will undoubtedly be fabulous. They will always be my favorites.)

Excerpt(s):

Grinning, Coach Halloman turns back to us. “This will be fun! Let's have a volunteer!”
To no one's surprise, Emily's hand shoots into the air. “Me!” She screams. “I'll do it, Coach!”
“Thank you for volunteering, Laxin!” the coach says. My heart drops.


Excitement courses through me. I hold the weapon in my hands. “Aces.” I breathe. “What will it do?”


“Uh, it's more than awesome. It's...” Emily pauses, apparently unable to think of a word good enough for the situation. “Whatever, but, come on!”

No comments:

Post a Comment