Thursday, October 20, 2011

Video diary, day three.


It's cold, I didn't sleep at all last night, I drink too much diet coke and I'm blogging from the bathroom on the hall. It must be Thursday.

Today, I am talking about who is possibly my favorite character, Emily. When I first began to write her, she was not my favorite, but she evolved with the plot and has come to be just as important as Tammie, as well as someone I can honestly envision. Of course, as a writer, I think as all of my characters as real people, but Emily is the kind of character that could start to actually breathe at any given moment.

I can't actually say much about her, as she is shrouded in mystery throughout much of The Decoder, and her past is something that Tammie learns over time. This is video is not super informative, but you may find that you'll learn something.

Perhaps later today or tomorrow, I will be making a graphics post. Nothing much, just a few things I've been thinking about, and since I'm a huge geek, I've been drafting. However, I am a very busy lady, and have much to do. I am on the Council of my university's Harry Potter club and we're planning a huge party (and I foolishly volunteered to make House banners. Also, go Ravenclaw!), I've got to work out (because I absolutely want to make the All Star Quidditch team) and I have to work for my mom so she'll pay my sorority dues. Then there is writing to be done, as well as sleeping.

Would you believe me if I said that I felt busier in high school?

As a parting gift, I have included a picture of me hanging out with Fifi, the unicorn. I like to share cute pictures of myself (like this adorable specimen) because I feel that it is the internet and I can do what I want. So look at this picture and enjoy it.


Have a happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. You wish your Quidditch team was hot like ours.

    If I could, I would take classes from Emily on how to effectively embarrass you for the rest of your life, and don't even pretend like she wouldn't be delighted to oblige.

    Do Mark next. Or Tori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Quidditch team is going to be the very best, that no one ever was. But in seriousness, we hope to have a traveling team by maybe next year. I will cry.

    Oh, she would be all too pleased to teach you her ways. In fact, one could learn much on pure observation alone. That girl. Oooooh. It's like I'm launched into an alternate Emily universe when I write her.

    Do Mark? Is that what you want me to do?
    I was thinking Rob, actually. I didn't have much of a plan after I got Tammie and Emily out of the way. We'll have to see what I choose tomorrow, because it's always a surprise, what comes out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete