Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Books everyone should read.

- Vivian Beltran

In case you couldn't tell by my dream to be an author, I love books. I have been reading since time began, and over the years have happened upon a great number of very good books. And now that I feel like it, I thought it'd be nice to share this list with the internet, so everyone can judge me.

The titles that are in bold have either inspired/seriously changed me in some way. Those books are very important to me.

Series:
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Just Books:
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Paper Towns by John Green
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Johnathon Safran Foer
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides
Diary by Chuck Palahniuk
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Un Lun Dun by China Mielville
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

I feel it necessary to note that this a very condensed list. These are not the only books I have ever read (I cannot possibly remember all the books I've ever read), nor are they the only ones that I love. I will, of course, be adding to this list as time goes on, but until then, have a cute picture of me from my junior prom.



No comments:

Post a Comment