Saturday, December 3, 2011

Video diary, day forty six.


Busy Friday was busy, but it went very well. I didn't sleep through English (which was a very real possibility due to the coffee consumption of last night), I spoke my mind and used nice words, we accomplished nice things during the Harry Potter Club council meeting and I think that my interview went really well. I hope that I get the counselor job so I can influence my kids. That's the real goal: brainwashing.

Now, in my English class today, a piece of work was read aloud to us by a fellow student. I'm not easily angered and I'm not incredibly confrontational (ask Kelsey. The last thing I'd ever be sorted as would be Gryffindor), but her work upset me to a point at which I had to tell her that it was absolutely horrible. I have a problem with people who are cocky, have a bad attitude towards work and/or authority, who think they're the most hilarious person to walk the Earth, despise their parents and let everyone know it, and a whole slew of other things. I've never met a person who embodies all of those things until this year, and I hope that I never come in contact with such a personality again. Anyway, she read aloud to the class about how she is an amazing writer, didn't need the course, and made it fun by injecting her personality and personal knowledge into the essays. She went onto state that she didn't care about the course, going so far as to address the letter to "Those Who May Judge Me" and signing off as "Careless College Freshman". The cherry on top was the mispronunciation of epitome, and thus I volunteered my critique for the first time all year.

Wow, that ended up getting much longer than I thought it would. I just have a lot of feelings about writing, I guess.

Anyway, because of my busy day, I haven't done much book writing, except for reviewing the bits I wrote yesterday. Surprisingly, I still like them, and they flow well with the rest of what I had on that part. I'm full of surprises lately.

Songs!
The Immigrant Song - Karen O.
I Miss You - Incubus
Heavy Rope - Lights
Forever in Love - Brighten
In Our Bedroom After the War - Stars

I'm oblivious to assassination attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment