Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Non-video diary, day fifty.


So today was one of those days where I literally rolled out of bed and somehow dragged myself to class (or in today's case, an oral exam for French, which I really, really hope I did well on), and I just couldn't bring myself to make a video of my terrible looking, broken out face. I apologize, and I will make a super excellent video tomorrow.

On the upside, I got an incredibly grand amount of work done today! Not only did I sort out what needs to happen in The Decoder to make it quality, but I actually wrote a good bit of it. I'm close to halfway filling up a really lovely notebook that Vivian got me last Christmas, and I think I will accomplish that tomorrow. The second draft isn't so much a makeover (because I picked over everything so much before writing the final chapter) but an addition. I've realized how much I left out of The Decoder, especially as I've been writing the second book. Which I've put under the working title, The Rogue General, though that is most likely going to change. Anyway, as I've been writing that, I've realized that I've left massive details out of The Decoder, and The Rogue General is going to make no sense without that. 

Honestly, I'm just glad I realized that now rather than when the book is about to go to print.

I can happily say that with the addition of just one bit (not even a full chapter, which is what I'm about to do!), the draft is now 117 pages and 74,648 words! This is very exciting! And it's only going to get better from this point forward.

The sensitive writer problems are starting to show up. I don't want to go to a party tomorrow because I'd rather be writing and watching American Horror Story. I need to just quit college life and live in a cave or something.

Listen to these songs or the Giants will rise and destroy Olympus:

Enjoy these cute picture of Kelsey, some of my sisters, and my cute self.

No comments:

Post a Comment